Your Clean Energy
- Hourly Energy Costs vary with the Seasons and the day of the Week.
- Your costs are based on supply and demand. Supply is provided by Mother Nature and balanced by fossil fuel power generation.
- You can adjust your demand to save money using cleaner energy.
- From November through April, energy is usually cleanest when it’s sunny. It can be even cleaner when it’s sunny and windy.
- From May through October, increased air conditioning use changes demand. Energy is usually cleanest at night, but sometimes during the first half of the day.
- Sabreez shows you when energy is cleaner and costs less.
Your Energy Use
Methods for “Shifting” your Load
- Install LED Lighting
- Appliance Management
- Water Heater
- Thermostat (Heating and Cooling)
- Pool Pumps
- Electric Vehicle or Whole House Battery
- Home Solar vs. Utility-Scale Renewables
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- LED Lighting can last more than 20,000 hours, saving 1,000 kWh per bulb.
- Outdoor lighting can be on for more than 3,000 hours per year, save $50/bulb per year.
- Most replacement LEDs pay for themselves in a few months, then last for more than a decade.
- LEDs reduce demand during “peak periods” when natural gas peaker plants are cranking up; morning and evening hours.
- Sabreez gives you a free box of LEDs when you subscribe to our information system.
- Use the “delay button” to run appliances when energy is cleanest.
- You can also manually use energy when it’s cleaner.
- New Connected Appliances can be automated to run when energy is cleaner.
- Sabreez tells you when energy is cleaner or when it’s dirty and costs more.
- Make an informed decision about when to purchase energy.
- Water Heating is often the second largest household energy consumer behind heating and cooling.
- Natural Gas is cheaper than electric.
- New Heat Pump water heaters use 2/3 less electricity.
- Electric water heater can use a controller to heat water when energy is cleaner.
- During heating season, natural gas plants crank up in the morning and evening to meet electric power demand.
- This added expense will be passed on to consumers in 2019, but you don’t need to wait to start saving.
- Try Pre-Heating in the morning before 7 am.
- Energy is dirtiest for an hour each evening sometime between 7 and 9 pm.
- Wifi-enabled thermostats can be adjusted each evening to reduce demand when energy is dirty.
- Summer Air Conditioning Use is the biggest electric power demand in the Summer.
- Try Pre-cooling before 3 pm each day.
- Try adjusting your AC’s temperature setting 2 degrees higher around 7-8 pm. Our App pinpoints this time on weekdays.
- Our Summer Rewards Program can add up to big financial incentives for energy-aware consumers.
- The Wind Number shows you when energy is cleanest.
- Electric vehicles can be charged to optimize clean energy consumption using the Wind Number.
- Conversely, charging your battery during peak hours is like running your car on gasoline.
- Mobile Apps allow easy control of your charging schedule.
- Sabreez tells you when energy is cleanest, and will integrate our API with your mobile App.
- As with electric vehicles, electricity can be stored to optimize clean energy consumption using the Wind Number.
- Beginning at Midnight, batteries can be charged on clean energy.
- During the morning peak, batteries can discharge to reduce fossil fuel emissions.
- Recharge Battery when it’s sunny.
- Use the stored solar power after the sun sets.
- Rooftop solar is everywhere now; more than 6 gigawatts of electric power when it’s sunny.
- There are a range of solar options now including purchase, lease, power purchase agreement, loan, and hybrid options.
- Sabreez optimizes rooftop solar design to increase savings using our patent-pending whole house method.
- Our energy consulting is sponsor-funded and free to our subscribers.
Wind & Solar
- There is so much solar in California, when it’s sunny, prices drop, often turning negative.
- When it’s windy at night, prices drop while you’re sleeping.
- When it’s sunny and windy, prices drop even more, especially when there is low demand.
- It costs a lot to run natural gas peaker plants. If you use our patent-pending method of saving money, you can save 20% on your bill.
Smart Home (IoT)
- Wi-Fi Connected devices are increasingly entering the home and our daily lives
- Internet of Things (IoT) enables the use of clean energy vs. dirty energy
- Sabreez is the “Weather Channel” for Energy. Nice weather brings an abundance of energy.
- Our website and apps show you when energy is cleaner and costs less
Smart Grid – California’s electric power system.
Demand – Your Energy Use creates demand on California’s smart grid.
Delay Button – A device to control when your appliance runs, allowing you to adjust demand
Solar – Electricity generated when it’s sunny
Wind – Electricity generated when it’s windy.
LED – Light emitting diode. Uses 7-10 watts instead of 40 to 100 watts. Same quality of light as inefficient older bulbs. Look for “soft white” or “warm white” to emulate incandescent bulbs.
Prepared by Sabreez, llc
27 North 17th Street, Richmond, VA 23219